Sales and Retail Assistants
Sales and retail assistants demonstrate and sell a variety of goods and services in shops, stores, showrooms and similar establishments.view courses
About this Career
New workers start around £4,643.48. Normal pay is £11,557 per year. Highly experienced workers can earn up to £21,543.83.
Job counts include both employed and self-employed persons in Cornwall, and do<br /> not distinguish between full and part-time jobs.
- Handles returns and deals with customer complaints.
- Arranges and replenishes goods on display stands, undertakes stock checks and assists with the receipt of deliveries from suppliers into the stock room.
- Receives full or partial payment, checks validity of form of payment, writes or prints bill, receipt or docket and packages merchandise for customer.
- Advises customer making major purchase on credit terms and arranges finance as appropriate.
- Advises customer on selection, purchase, use and care of merchandise and quotes prices, discounts and delivery times.
- Discusses customer requirements, including type and price range of goods/services desired.