Steel erectors fit and erect structural metal framework for buildings and other structures such as metal chimneys.view courses
About this Career
New workers start around £17,540.21. Normal pay is £29,550 per year. Highly experienced workers can earn up to £41,780.22.
Job counts include both employed and self-employed persons in Cornwall, and do<br /> not distinguish between full and part-time jobs.
- Checks alignment of metal parts using spirit level and plumb-rule.
- Arranges for or undertakes bolting and welding of metal parts.
- Directs hoisting and positioning of girders and other metal parts and checks alignment.
- Erects ladders, scaffolding or working cage.
- Examines drawings and specifications to assess job requirements.