Stock Control Clerks and Assistants
Stock control clerks and assistants receive orders from customers, prepare requisitions or despatch documents for ordered goods, maintain and update records, files and other correspondence in relation to the storage and despatch of goods.view courses
About this Career
New workers start around £9,035.99. Normal pay is £20,578 per year. Highly experienced workers can earn up to £30,981.04.
Job counts include both employed and self-employed persons in Cornwall, and do<br /> not distinguish between full and part-time jobs.
- Adjusts stock records as orders are received, reports on damaged stock and prepares requisitions to replenish damaged stock.
- Checks requisitions against stock records and forwards to issuing department.
- Prepares requisitions, consignments and other despatch documents.
- Receives enquiries and orders from customers, and quotes prices, discounts, delivery dates and other relevant information.
- Allocates appropriate storage space in accordance with stock control and space utilisation policies.
- Receives and checks in deliveries from suppliers or completed stock to be despatched to customers.