Taxi and Cab Drivers and Chauffeurs
Taxi and cab drivers and chauffeurs drive motor cars for private individuals, government departments and industrial and commercial organisations, drive taxis for public hire, drive new cars to delivery points and drive motorcycles and other motor vehicles.view courses
About this Career
New workers start around £5,314.13. Normal pay is £14,302 per year. Highly experienced workers can earn up to £37,918.09.
Job counts include both employed and self-employed persons in Cornwall, and do<br /> not distinguish between full and part-time jobs.
- Cleans, services and maintains vehicle or motorcycle.
- Conveys passenger to destination and helps unload luggage.
- Collects passengers when hailed or in response to telephone/radio message and helps them to secure their luggage.
- Drives passenger-carrying motor cars, taxis and other motor cars and motorcycles, complying with road and traffic regulations.
- Checks tyres, brakes, lights, oil, water and fuel levels and general condition of vehicle before start of journey.