Teaching assistants assist teachers with their day-to-day classroom work and with routine administrative tasks.view courses
About this Career
New workers start around £6,457.97. Normal pay is £13,560 per year. Highly experienced workers can earn up to £21,151.85.
Job counts include both employed and self-employed persons in Cornwall, and do<br /> not distinguish between full and part-time jobs.
- Helps with outings and other out-of-classroom activities.
- Makes simple teaching aids and constructs thematic displays of educational material or children.
- Assists children with washing or dressing for outdoor and similar activities.
- Listens to children read, reads to them or tells stories.
- Looks after lesson materials such as paper, pencils and crayons.
- Assists teacher with preparation or clearing up of classroom.