Telephonists receive and direct callers in commercial, industrial and other establishments, and operate telephone (public) and office (private) switchboards to advise on, and assist with, making telephone calls and to relay incoming, outgoing and internal calls.view courses
About this Career
New workers start around £6,410.07. Normal pay is £15,050 per year. Highly experienced workers can earn up to £24,060.57.
Job counts include both employed and self-employed persons in Cornwall, and do<br /> not distinguish between full and part-time jobs.
- Alerts emergency services in cases of fire, crime or accident.
- Provides directory information, dialling codes and details of charges.
- Gives advice on dialling and other special features available.
- Reports any faults on telephone operating system.
- Operates switchboard to connect outgoing calls or to relay incoming or internal calls.
- Receives callers and directs them to appropriate person or department.