Textiles, Garments and Related Trades
Job holders in this unit group perform a variety of textiles and related craft occupations.view courses
About this Career
New workers start around £9,375.00. Normal pay is £19,769 per year. Highly experienced workers can earn up to £30,239.66.
Job counts include both employed and self-employed persons in Cornwall, and do<br /> not distinguish between full and part-time jobs.
- Performs other tasks not elsewhere classified, for example, forms mounts for wigs, makes buttons, shapes hat brims, and staples seams of industrial gloves.
- Shapes and steams fabric into hats or hoods and gives final shape to fibre helmets and felt hats.
- Examines sketches and draws out patterns for the manufacture of garments and upholstery.
- Fills and stuffs cushions, quilts, soft toys and furniture.
- Marks out, cuts and sews corsets, light clothing and hoods and aprons and makes and repairs sails, boat covers and other canvas goods.