Transport and Distribution Clerks and Assistants
Workers in this unit group perform various clerical functions relating to the transport and distribution of goods and freight.view courses
About this Career
New workers start around £15,804.98. Normal pay is £23,668 per year. Highly experienced workers can earn up to £35,633.17.
Job counts include both employed and self-employed persons in Cornwall, and do<br /> not distinguish between full and part-time jobs.
- Maintains records regarding the movement and location of freight, containers and staff.
- Obtains customs clearance and processes import and export documentation necessary for the movement of goods between countries.
- Monitors tachograph readings and maintains records of hours worked and distance travelled by drivers.
- Formulates delivery loads, vehicle schedules and routes to be followed by delivery staff.
- Processes customer orders and forwards requisition documentation to storage and distribution personnel.