This course is specifically designed for individuals who wish to act as a first aider in their workplace. The Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981 require all employers to make arrangements to ensure their employees receive immediate attention if they are injured or taken ill at work. This includes carrying out a risk assessment, appointing a suitable amount of first aiders and providing appropriate first aid training.
- The role and responsibilities of a first aider
- Assessing an incident
- Managing an unresponsive casualty
- CPR and AED use
- Recovery Position
- Heart Attack, Stroke, Choking, Epilepsy, Asthma, Diabetes, Anaphylaxis shock
- Head and spinal injuries, chest injuries, wounds and bleeding
- Fractures, sprains, strains and dislocations, minor injuries
- Burns and scalds, poisoning, eye injuries
Want to talk to someone?
Do you have a question that we haven't answered so far? Talk to our admissions team. We're here Monday-Friday 8.30am-4.30pm.