This course will be delivered across ten weeks with supervised skills practice sessions to enable learners to develop and refine their skills using both Virtual Reality and industry-simulated facilities. Content to include:
- Health and Safety to include the identification of welding hazards
- Use metal inert gas welding techniques safely to produce beads on a plate, lap fillet weld, simple welding positions
- Identify defects in the weld using visual techniques
- Identify the consumables used for MIG welding
- Produce welds to a prescribed standard
- Introduction to TIG welding of ferrous metals
- Understand the difference in the TIG and MIG processes
- Identify when and which process is suitable for a given situation
Want to talk to someone?
Do you have a question that we haven't answered so far? Talk to our admissions team. We're here Monday-Friday 8.30am-4.30pm.