An introduction and beyond into the art and craft of making decorative and functional objects from wood. You will be guided as to how to make objects as diverse as decorative plaque, relief carvings, statues, spoons, lettering, abstract sculpture even long bows.
A choice for your first projects is provided to suit your own skills and interests.
Guidance and encouragement are always at hand for your next project.
Topics that will be covered:
- The theory and history of wood carving
- Planning and selecting projects
- Layout of design
- Use of tools
- Tool choice and nomenclature
- Types of wood
- Tool care, maintenance and sharpening
- Marking and finishing your work
- Library and resources
Want to talk to someone?
Do you have a question that we haven't answered so far? Talk to our admissions team. We're here Monday-Friday 8.30am-4.30pm.