The data we hold
The data you have given us will have been collected either when:
- you enquired about a course
- through subscription to one or more of our newsletters or mailshots
- through use of our facilities such as salons and restaurants
Data collected will only be used for legitimate reasons, for example, to communicate with you in regards to college notices, information that is essential to the delivery of your course, health and safety information, newsletters and updates (if subscribed).
- We will never ask you for data that is not relevant
- We will provide clear and easy instructions for you to sign up or remove your details from publicity
- We will always keep your data safe and secure
- We will only pass your data onto a third party when we have a legal statutory requirement to do so
- We will never send you high volumes of unwanted content
Subscription information that you give us will be held for a maximum of three years, at the end of which we will contact you regarding renewal. Any other data retention is covered in our Data Archive Storage and Disposal Policy.
We hold your data safely and securely. All our employees are DBS checked and have received additional safeguarding training.
Truro and Penwith College offers a number of email newsletters that cover the many aspects of College life. Below you can give or withdraw your consent from these newsletters.
Please note: When you unsubscribe from our newsletters, this does not mean that your contact information is deleted from our database. If you would like to make sure your data is removed, please email us at email@example.com.
Oncourse is our monthly college email newsletter, helping you to keep up to date with application deadlines, dates for your diary, new courses and College news.
Our university courses newsletter has monthly news, content and information for current Higher Education students, as well as those thinking of studying one of our degree courses.
Our training and professional salon, Inspiration, has news, events and special offers for all subscribers of its monthly email newsletter.
Business Bytes is our business and apprenticeship newsletter for employers. Truro and Penwith College works in partnership with businesses across Cornwall to provide training, professional qualifications and Apprenticeships in a wide range of areas.
Spires and Senara Restaurants send out menus for both takeaway and dine in, special offers and news.