Why become a Student Ambassador?
- Get paid to help others discover University courses at the College
- Take part in lots of free training courses (great to build up your CV)
- Gain new skills in a variety of areas - social, public speaking, organisational, signposting and advice support
- Attend different events (and get paid to do so)
What activities can I get involved in?
- One-to-one mentoring with new students
- Small and large group presentations
- Open day tours, guidance and registration
- Subject specialist activities relevant to your course
- Big events throughout the year such as graduation
Money, money, money!
The current hourly rate is £8.17 - £8.69 per hour, inclusive of holiday pay, with hours varying from fixed to flexible depending on requirement.
How are certain jobs and events allocated?
When opportunities and events arise, you will be emailed by one of the team to register your interest in working for that particular event. Staff will be selected on a first come, first served basis so be sure to keep an eye on your emails.
How do I get involved?
- Come and chat to us at your Fresher's Fair in Fal on Tuesday 18th September 2018
- Speak to an existing Student Ambassador
- Pick up an application form
- Keep an eye out for information emails and posters around Fal
- Attend an information session and interview
What's the interview process like?
Interviews will be ran as group information sessions. This will begin with an informal presentation about the role, what is expected of you and what you can expect from the position. You will then be invited to a single interview where we will ask you about your current experience and what you think that you can bring to the role.
Don't panic - the process is very relaxed! All we're looking for is a friendly face to represent our University level courses; someone who can act as a representative for the College.
Best of luck!
If you're interested in becoming a HE Student Ambassador, please register your interest with an application form or contact us with the details below.