Bakers and Flour Confectioners
Bakers and flour confectioners prepare and bake dough, pastry and cake mixtures and make and finish flour confectionary products by hand.view courses
About this Career
New workers start around £13,498.35. Normal pay is £20,382 per year. Highly experienced workers can earn up to £30,786.35.
Job counts include both employed and self-employed persons in Cornwall, and do<br /> not distinguish between full and part-time jobs.
- Makes cake decorations, spreads icing, fillings and toppings on products.
- Bakes bread, pastry and cakes.
- Fills and glazes pastry, mixes ingredients for cakes.
- Rolls and cuts pastry, stretches, kneads and moulds dough to form bread, rolls and buns.
- Mixes ingredients using hand or machine to obtain the required consistency.
- Weighs ingredients according to recipe.