Chefs plan menus and prepare, or oversee the preparation of food in hotels, restaurants, clubs, private households and other establishments.view courses
About this Career
New workers start around £8,081.08. Normal pay is £18,126 per year. Highly experienced workers can earn up to £27,958.33.
Job counts include both employed and self-employed persons in Cornwall, and do<br /> not distinguish between full and part-time jobs.
- Plans and co-ordinates kitchen work such as fetching, clearing and cleaning of equipment and utensils.
- Ensures relevant hygiene and health and safety standards are maintained within the kitchen.
- Supervises, organises and instructs kitchen staff and manages the whole kitchen or an area of the kitchen.
- Plans menus, prepares, seasons and cooks foodstuffs or oversees their preparation and monitors the quality of finished dishes.
- Requisitions or purchases and examines foodstuffs from suppliers to ensure quality.