Farm workers perform a variety of tasks, by hand and machine, to produce and harvest crops and to breed and rear cattle, sheep, pigs and poultry.view courses
About this Career
New workers start around £10,300.01. Normal pay is £24,002 per year. Highly experienced workers can earn up to £35,947.42.
Job counts include both employed and self-employed persons in Cornwall, and do<br /> not distinguish between full and part-time jobs.
- Carries out maintenance on farm buildings, hedges, ditches and erects and repairs fences.
- Moves and handles livestock and tends them during birth and rearing of young.
- Treats minor ailments and assists veterinary surgeon as required.
- Cleans barns, sheds, pens, yards, incubators and breeding units and sterilises milking and other equipment as necessary.
- Weighs and measures foodstuffs, feeds animals and checks them for any signs of disease.
- Cultivates growing crops by hoeing, spraying and thinning as necessary.
- Operates farm machinery to prepare soil, fertilise and treat crops.