Farmers and related occupations cultivate arable crops, fruits and trees, and raise cattle, sheep, pigs, poultry and other livestock for consumption.view courses
About this Career
New workers start around £10,617.34. Normal pay is £20,477 per year. Highly experienced workers can earn up to £32,957.78.
Job counts include both employed and self-employed persons in Cornwall, and do<br /> not distinguish between full and part-time jobs.
- Ensures good environmental practice is observed in all tasks.
- Maintains records of production, finance and breeding.
- Arranges for the sale of crops, livestock and other farm produce.
- Operates and maintains farm machinery such as combine harvesters, straw balers, milking machines and tractors.
- Undertakes farm maintenance tasks such as fencing, hedging, cleaning and building maintenance.
- Plants, propagates, sprays, fertilises and harvests field crops.
- Feeds and waters animals, takes responsibility for livestock health and welfare, treats minor ailments and calls vet if necessary.