Garage Managers and Proprietors
Garage managers and proprietors plan, organise, direct and co-ordinate the day-to-day running of garages and specialist vehicle maintenance and repair establishments.view courses
About this Career
New workers start around £11,931.15. Normal pay is £25,049 per year. Highly experienced workers can earn up to £46,213.69.
Job counts include both employed and self-employed persons in Cornwall, and do<br /> not distinguish between full and part-time jobs.
- Ensures the business accounts are maintained.
- Provides information about garage merchandise for staff and customers.
- Maintains records of repair work to detect recurrent faults.
- Checks completed work for compliance with safety and other statutory regulations.
- Arranges for maintenance staff to perform necessary maintenance and repair work on vehicles or motorcycles.
- Ensures that necessary spare parts, materials and equipment are available or obtainable at short notice.
- Determines staffing, financial, material and other short- and long-term requirements.