Hairdressers and Barbers
Hairdressers and barbers shampoo, cut, colour, style and treat hair.view courses
About this Career
New workers start around £5,495.64. Normal pay is £9,849 per year. Highly experienced workers can earn up to £18,614.73.
Job counts include both employed and self-employed persons in Cornwall, and do<br /> not distinguish between full and part-time jobs.
- Demonstrates, sells and recommends hair care products to clients and advises them on hair care.
- Ensures hair products are stored and used appropriately and observes relevant health and safety factors.
- Maintains client records and keeps up-to-date with new products, styles and techniques.
- Collects payment, arranges appointments and cleans and tidies salon.
- Shaves and trims beards and moustaches.
- Combs, brushes, blow-dries or sets wet hair in rollers to style or straighten.
- Cuts and trims hair using scissors, clippers, razor and comb.
- Washes, conditions, bleaches, tints or dyes hair and provides any necessary basic scalp treatments.
- Discusses customer requirements, analyses hair condition and other relevant features to define and advise on hair style.