Health Associate Professionals
Job holders in this unit group carry out a variety of technical and complementary support functions.view courses
About this Career
New workers start around £8,516.19. Normal pay is £17,495 per year. Highly experienced workers can earn up to £39,200.93.
Job counts include both employed and self-employed persons in Cornwall, and do<br /> not distinguish between full and part-time jobs.
- Advises and prescribes in areas of complementary and alternative medicine.
- Inserts needles under the skin, administers aromatic herbs and oils and massages body to relieve pain and restore health.
- Manipulates and massages patient to discover the cause of pain, relieve discomfort, restore function and mobility and to correct irregularities in body structure.
- Diagnoses and treats disorders of vision and eye movements, monitors subsequent progress and recommends further optical, pharmacological or surgical treatment as required.
- Prescribes diet therapy and gives advice to patients, health care professionals and the public on dietetic and nutritional matters for those with special dietary requirements or to prevent illness.