Health Care Practice Managers
Healthcare practice managers plan, organise, direct and co-ordinate the work and resources of medical, dental and other types of healthcare practice, including veterinary practices.view courses
About this Career
New workers start around £18,095.07. Normal pay is £31,731 per year. Highly experienced workers can earn up to £58,541.05.
Job counts include both employed and self-employed persons in Cornwall, and do<br /> not distinguish between full and part-time jobs.
- Responsible for budgeting, pricing and accounting activities within the practice.
- Liaises with relevant outside organisations (e.g. NHS trust, PCT, social services, drug companies, professional bodies).
- Takes responsibility for stock control of practice equipment, drugs etc..
- Organises duty rosters for professional and support staff in practice.
- Maintains patient files on medical history, consultations made and treatment undertaken and/or drugs prescribed.
- Negotiates contracts for services with other health care providers and purchasers.
- Takes responsibility for health and safety matters within the practice.
- Oversees staff training and monitors training needs.
- Plans work schedules, assigns tasks and delegates responsibilities of practice staff.