Librarians appraise, obtain, index, collate and make available library acquisitions and organise and control other library services.view courses
About this Career
New workers start around £10,789.01. Normal pay is £20,755 per year. Highly experienced workers can earn up to £31,073.50.
Job counts include both employed and self-employed persons in Cornwall, and do<br /> not distinguish between full and part-time jobs.
- Provides learning and cultural experiences through events such as author talks, reading groups, formal and informal teaching.
- Promotes library services through displays and talks.
- Manages library borrowing and inter-library loan facilities.
- Establishes information storage systems to deal with queries and to maintain up to date records.
- Identifies the information needs of clients, seeks out and evaluates information sources.
- Prepares and circulates abstracts, bibliographies, book lists, etc..
- Collects, classifies and catalogues information, books and other material.
- Selects and arranges for the acquisition of books, periodicals, audio-visual and other material.