Metal Working Production and Maintenance Fitters
Metal working production and maintenance fitters erect, install and repair electrical and mechanical plant and industrial machinery, fit and assemble parts and sub-assemblies in the manufacture of metal products and test and adjust new motor vehicles and engines.view courses
About this Career
New workers start around £16,794.29. Normal pay is £28,879 per year. Highly experienced workers can earn up to £45,556.49.
Job counts include both employed and self-employed persons in Cornwall, and do<br /> not distinguish between full and part-time jobs.
- Erects, installs, repairs and services plant and industrial machinery, including railway stock, textile machines, coin operated machines, locks, sewing machines, bicycles and gas and oil appliances.
- Examines operation of, and makes adjustments to, internal combustion engines and motor vehicles.
- Fits and assembles, other than to fine tolerances, prepared parts and sub-assemblies to make motor vehicles, printing and agricultural machinery, orthopaedic appliances and other metal goods.
- Fits and assembles parts and/or metal sub-assemblies to fine tolerances to make marine engines, prototype metal products, agricultural machinery and machine tools.
- Examines drawings and specifications to determine appropriate methods and sequence of operations.