Paramedics provide first aid and life support treatment in emergency situations and transport sick and injured people who require skilled treatment.view courses
About this Career
New workers start around £22,650.37. Normal pay is £36,466 per year. Highly experienced workers can earn up to £53,731.72.
Job counts include both employed and self-employed persons in Cornwall, and do<br /> not distinguish between full and part-time jobs.
- Briefs other medical staff when handing over the patient, and completes patient report forms describing the patient.
- Transports and accompanies patients who either require or potentially require skilled treatment whilst travelling.
- Resuscitates and/or stabilises patient using relevant techniques, equipment and drugs.
- Assesses the nature of injuries, provides first aid treatment and ascertains appropriate method of conveying patient.
- Drives ambulance or accompanies driver to respond to calls for assistance at accidents, emergencies and other incidents.