Personal Assistants and Other Secretaries
Personal assistants and other secretaries provide administrative and secretarial support to individuals, departmental or management teams within organisations.view courses
About this Career
New workers start around £3,827.79. Normal pay is £17,600 per year. Highly experienced workers can earn up to £37,238.26.
Job counts include both employed and self-employed persons in Cornwall, and do<br /> not distinguish between full and part-time jobs.
- Translates documents and liaises with overseas clients and suppliers.
- Arranges and attends meetings, takes minutes and prepares records of proceedings.
- Uses appropriate software to produce correspondence, memoranda, reports, presentations and other documents from drafts, handwritten copy or by transcribing dictation.
- Opens, sorts, distributes and files correspondence (in hard copy and electronic) and deals directly with routine correspondence.
- Arranges appointments, keeps business diary, organises travel arrangements, makes reservations and organises a variety of functions.
- Acts as a first point of contact for a manager or team with colleagues and people from outside organisations, fields telephone enquiries, takes and passes on messages.