Plant and Machine Operatives
Job holders in this unit group operate a variety of plant and machinery.view courses
About this Career
New workers start around £9,909.16. Normal pay is £18,719 per year. Highly experienced workers can earn up to £30,434.48.
Job counts include both employed and self-employed persons in Cornwall, and do<br /> not distinguish between full and part-time jobs.
- Inspects machines and equipment, and reports any faults.
- Ensures that rollers in rope haulage system are well greased and running freely.
- Fills grease gun with grease of appropriate grade, and applies grease or oil to grease points or lubrication holes in machinery or equipment and over bearings, axles and other similar parts.
- Operates machines in the manufacture of nuts, bolts, nails, screws, pins, rivets, etc..
- Bends, coils, crimps and spins metal wires in the manufacture of cables, springs, ropes and other wire goods.
- Operates acetylene torches and other cutting equipment to dismantle boilers, cars, ships, railway track, engines, machinery and other scrap metal.