Pre-press technicians prepare, format and compose text and graphics in a form suitable for use in a variety of print processes.view courses
About this Career
New workers start around £11,288.03. Normal pay is £21,694 per year. Highly experienced workers can earn up to £33,184.57.
Job counts include both employed and self-employed persons in Cornwall, and do<br /> not distinguish between full and part-time jobs.
- Arranges and pastes printing material onto paper ready for photographing.
- Processes filmsetting or desktop publishing output to produce image on film and transfers to printing plates and digital output.
- Examines proof copies, checks for quality and accuracy and makes any necessary alterations.
- Scans and retouches digital images to create sample proofs, plans and lays out artwork to match planned design.
- Uses computer applications to generate images and text.
- Determines from specification the kind and size of type to be used.