Printers set up and operate various small offset printing presses and digital printing processes.view courses
About this Career
New workers start around £16,016.93. Normal pay is £26,055 per year. Highly experienced workers can earn up to £39,855.05.
Job counts include both employed and self-employed persons in Cornwall, and do<br /> not distinguish between full and part-time jobs.
- Keeps production records.
- Maintains, adjusts, repairs and cleans machine.
- Produces, transfers and outputs digital print images.
- Dips wooden pattern block into colour tray and lays different colours on top of, and adjacent to, others to form the required pattern.
- Operates squeegee by hand or machine to press colour through screen.
- Pours colour into machine or directly on to screen and positions screen over item.
- Starts or directs start of printing run and monitors machine to ensure that printing proceeds smoothly.
- Prints and examines proof copies and adjusts press as necessary.
- Mixes and loads inks and solvents, loads paper and regulates during print run.
- Positions form or plate on machine, checks alignments and sets press.