Rail and Rolling Stock Builders and Repairers
Rail and rolling stock builders and repairers erect, fit, assemble and repair rolling stock parts and sub-assemblies, and test and adjust new engines for trains.view courses
About this Career
New workers start around £28,945.30. Normal pay is £47,002 per year. Highly experienced workers can earn up to £66,820.34.
Job counts include both employed and self-employed persons in Cornwall, and do<br /> not distinguish between full and part-time jobs.
- Maintains record of repairs and maintenance carried out.
- Oils and greases train engines.
- Inspects and tests new and repaired machinery for conformity with standards and specifications.
- Examines rolling stock for defects, removes, replaces and repairs faulty parts.
- Fits and assembles parts and/or metal sub-assemblies to make train engines.
- Examines drawings and specifications to determine appropriate methods and sequence of operations.