This qualification has been designed to allow learners to obtain and then demonstrate the knowledge related to good practises relating to beer quality at Level 2. Learners will:
- Understand beer products and the business benefits of dispensing beer correctly
- Understand how to maintain personal and food hygiene in the bar area
- Understand how to maintain, clean and store glassware
- Understand how to dispense the "perfect pint" of draught lager, beer and stout
- Understand how to maintain a safe and effective cellar
- Understand the process of conditioning and describe how to maintain and dispense cask ale
- Understand product dispense systems for keg and explain how to maintain them
- Understand basic aspects of receiving and controlling cellar stock
- Understand how to store and present bottled beers and lagers
Want to talk to someone?
Do you have a question that we haven't answered so far? Talk to our admissions team. We're here Monday-Friday 8.30am-4.30pm.