This training programme is designed for practising middle and senior managers providing a supportive, focused environment for them to review, assess and develop their ability as a senior manager in a way that will improve their own and organisational performance.
By attending this course learners will:
- Develop core leadership and management techniques to drive better results
- Develop strategic thinking as well as operational management skills to foster business improvement
- Develop the ability to lead, motivate and inspire
- Gain an internationally recognised qualification which is valued by employers
Assessing your own leadership capability and performance
- Alignment of leadership and organisational values
- The key responsibilities of a leader
- Review leadership theory and its application
- Assess your own leadership style and impact
- The leader as the motivator
- Communicating and influencing efficiently
Managing for Efficiency and Effectiveness
- Setting the vision, mission and strategic objectives
- Communicating with stakeholders
- Achieving efficiency and effectiveness
- Setting key performance indicators
- Review organisational monitoring and control methods
- Organisational improvement techniques
To gain the Level 5 Award, learners are assessed through work-based assignments which allow the opportunity to apply knowledge in the workplace. This course requires significant periods of self-study outside of the scheduled sessions enabling learners to critically evaluate existing practice and develop new processes and systems.
Apply for this course
Want to talk to someone?
Do you have a question that we haven't answered so far? Talk to our admissions team. We're here Monday-Friday 8.30am-4.30pm.