TOP COURSE HIGHLIGHTS
Learn from sector experts
You will be taught by staff with extensive experience who will advance your knowledge and skills to meet the expectations of the make-up artistry industry.
Develop work-related skills
During your tutorial programme you will develop personal and work-related skills which will help prepare you for employment after you have completed your full-time training in College. You will undertake a weekly work placement in a beauty/hair salon throughout your qualification.
Enjoy professional surroundings
You will have access to our working hair and beauty salons which all contain the latest industry-standard equipment and resources.
WHAT WILL I LEARN?
Throughout this qualification, you will develop your knowledge and understanding of all relevant subject areas.
A variety of teaching methods including discussions, demonstrations and presentations will be used. You will work on your own, in pairs or small groups, practicing techniques within a realistic work environment.
Units studied include:
- Monitor and maintain health and safety
- Apply make-up
- Apply airbrush make-up
- Media make-up
- Fashion and photographic make-up
- Client care and communication
- Instruct on make-up
- Camouflage make-up
- Apply face and body art
- Promote products and services
WHERE WILL IT TAKE ME?
Students who have studied a Level 3 Diploma in Make Up Artistry go on to a range of different careers, including:
- Make-up consultancy
- Make-up artist for theatre/TV
- Wedding industry
Progression options include Level 3 Nail Services, Level 2 and Level 3 Hairdressing and higher education in media make-up.
Your achievement in this qualification is dependent upon excellent attendance, punctuality, and effort. You will study in a friendly yet professional atmosphere, using a variety of assessment methods:
- Most of the assessments are completed through practical observations of skills and techniques and this will be carried out throughout all of the units, as you continuously strive to work towards a competent level within your treatments.
- You will be assessed regularly on written theory work that may be conducted within the class or as a homework activity. Feedback will be continuously provided on your progress and your performance will be regularly reviewed during 1:1 sessions.
All units in this qualification are graded Pass/Fail by:
- Externally set and internally marked practical assessments through observation.
- Externally set and marked online examinations.
Grade 4 in four GCSE subjects with one being in English or Maths, plus a Level 2 Beauty Therapy or Hairdressing qualification, or equivalent.
We encourage you to practice your treatments away from College and to utilise the online resources provided by the College for guidance. In addition, we expect you to conduct your own research during set home study activities in relation to completion of assignments. You will need salon uniform and specific equipment. Full advice will be given on these before the start of your course.
A one day a week work placement is a mandatory requirement for this course. It must equate to 45 days or 315 hours throughout the year.
Awarding Body: VTCT
Want to talk to someone?
Do you have a question that we haven't answered so far? Talk to our admissions team. We're here Monday-Friday 8.30am-4.30pm.