Job holders in this unit group operate telecommunications equipment to transmit and receive signals and messages.view courses
About this Career
New workers start around £7,727.64. Normal pay is £15,999 per year. Highly experienced workers can earn up to £25,577.43.
Job counts include both employed and self-employed persons in Cornwall, and do<br /> not distinguish between full and part-time jobs.
- Receives and handles incoming calls for emergency services, transmitting to the appropriate services.
- Performs routine tests and maintenance on equipment and reports faults.
- Keeps record of messages sent and received.
- Uses a teleprinter or telex keyboard to transmit messages to other teleprinters or telexes.
- Tunes transmitter to required channel or wavelength and relays or receives message to/ from person or vehicle.
- Receives messages, weather reports and other material to transmit.