Crane drivers supervise and undertake the operation of cranes, jib cranes, power driven hoisting machinery and power driven stationary engines to raise and lower mine and other cages, and to lift and move equipment, materials, machinery and containers.view courses
About this Career
New workers start around £25,438.38. Normal pay is £37,340 per year. Highly experienced workers can earn up to £61,112.55.
Job counts include both employed and self-employed persons in Cornwall, and do<br /> not distinguish between full and part-time jobs.
- Oils and greases machine and checks ropes.
- Watches control panel for warning lights and indications of wind speed and direction and carrying capacity of crane.
- Lifts load or cage, or hauls object into required position and lowers or positions for ground workers to detach, unload or load.
- Manipulates levers, switches and pedals to rotate jibs into position and turns winding drum to raise or lower hook, bucket or other holding equipment.
- Starts crane or engine motor and checks that cables run freely and that brakes and drum(s) are working.
- Gives signals for movement of cage carrying workers/equipment.