Electricians and Electrical Fitters
Electricians and electrical fitters assemble parts in the manufacture of electrical and electronic equipment, and install, maintain, and repair electrical plant, machinery, appliances and wiring.view courses
About this Career
New workers start around £18,227.62. Normal pay is £29,707 per year. Highly experienced workers can earn up to £41,325.01.
Job counts include both employed and self-employed persons in Cornwall, and do<br /> not distinguish between full and part-time jobs.
- Examines electrical plant or machinery, domestic appliances and other electrical assembly for faults using test equipment and replaces worn parts and faulty wiring.
- Installs electrical plant, machinery and other electrical fixtures and appliances such as fuse boxes, generators, light sockets etc..
- Assembles parts and sub-assemblies using hand tools and by brazing, riveting or welding.
- Cuts, bends and installs electrical conduit.
- Selects, cuts and lays wires and connects to sockets, plugs or terminals by crimping, soldering, brazing or bolting.
- Examines drawings, specifications and wiring diagrams to determine the method and sequence of operations.