Food, Drink and Tobacco Process Operatives
Food, drink and tobacco process operatives set, operate and attend machinery to bake, freeze, heat, crush, mix, blend and otherwise process foodstuffs, beverages and tobacco leaves.view courses
About this Career
New workers start around £12,597.34. Normal pay is £20,029 per year. Highly experienced workers can earn up to £29,710.79.
Job counts include both employed and self-employed persons in Cornwall, and do<br /> not distinguish between full and part-time jobs.
- Processes tobacco leaves by hand or machine to make cigarettes, cigars, pipe and other tobacco products.
- Mixes, pulps, grinds, blends and separates foodstuffs and liquids with churning, pressing, sieving, grinding and filtering equipment.
- Operates equipment to cool, heat, dry, roast, blanch, pasteurise, smoke, sterilise, freeze, evaporate and concentrate foodstuffs and liquids used in food processing.
- Attends equipment to make jam, toffee, cheese, processed cheese, margarine, syrup, ice, pasta, ice-cream, sausages, chocolate, maize starch, edible fats and dextrin.
- Operates machinery to crush, mix, malt, cook and ferment grains and fruits to produce beer, wines, malt liquors, vinegar, yeast and related products.
- Sets, operates and attends machinery and ovens to mix, bake and otherwise prepare bread and flour confectionery products.