Library Clerks and Assistants
Library clerks and assistants classify, sort and file publications, documents, audio-visual and computerised material in libraries and offices.view courses
About this Career
New workers start around £4,280.36. Normal pay is £11,611 per year. Highly experienced workers can earn up to £17,480.85.
Job counts include both employed and self-employed persons in Cornwall, and do<br /> not distinguish between full and part-time jobs.
- Performs simple repairs on old books.
- Classifies, labels and indexes new books.
- Issues library material and records date of issue/ due date for return.
- Locates and retrieves material on request for borrowers.
- Sorts, catalogues and maintains library records.