Mobile Machine Drivers and Operatives
Job holders in this unit group supervise and undertake the operation of machines to transport, excavate, grade, level, and compact sand, earth, gravel and similar materials, drive piles into the ground and lay surfaces of asphalt, concrete and chippings, and operate other mobile machines.view courses
About this Career
New workers start around £16,872.39. Normal pay is £26,491 per year. Highly experienced workers can earn up to £43,355.97.
Job counts include both employed and self-employed persons in Cornwall, and do<br /> not distinguish between full and part-time jobs.
- Cleans, oils and greases machine and carries out minor repairs.
- Directs refilling of machine hopper and repeats operations as necessary.
- Watches operation and removes any likely obstacle or obstructions.
- Manipulates levers, pedals and switches to manoeuvre vehicle, regulate angle and height of blades, buckets and hammers and starts conveyor, suction or water spraying system.
- Fixes any necessary extensions onto machine and loads machine with asphalt, concrete, bitumen, tar, stone chippings or any other required materials.