Purchasing Managers and Directors
Purchasing managers and directors (not retail) plan, organise, direct and co-ordinate the purchasing functions of industrial, commercial, government organisations and public agencies to ensure cost-effectiveness.view courses
About this Career
New workers start around £27,398.01. Normal pay is £46,911 per year. Highly experienced workers can earn up to £101,885.80.
Job counts include both employed and self-employed persons in Cornwall, and do<br /> not distinguish between full and part-time jobs.
- Stays abreast of and ensures adherence to relevant legislation regarding tendering and procurement procedures.
- Researches and identifies new products and suppliers.
- Interviews suppliers.
- Arranges for quality checks of incoming goods and ensures suppliers deliver on time.
- Negotiates prices and contracts with suppliers and draws up contract documents.
- Devises purchasing policies, decides on whether orders should be put out to tender and evaluates suppliers.
- Determines what goods, services and equipment need to be sourced.