Restaurant and Catering Establishment Managers and Proprietors
Restaurant and catering establishment managers and proprietors plan, direct and co-ordinate the catering services of restaurants, hotels and large-scale catering services within other organisations.view courses
About this Career
New workers start around £10,186.35. Normal pay is £22,062 per year. Highly experienced workers can earn up to £40,702.74.
Job counts include both employed and self-employed persons in Cornwall, and do<br /> not distinguish between full and part-time jobs.
- Determines staffing, financial, material and other short- and long-term requirements.
- Checks that supplies are properly used and accounted for to prevent wastage and loss and to keep within budget limit.
- Plans and arranges food preparation in collaboration with other staff and organises the provision of waiting or counter staff.
- Verifies that quality of food, beverages and waiting service is as required, that kitchen and dining areas are kept clean and appropriate hygiene standards are maintained in compliance with statutory requirements.
- Purchases or directs the purchasing of supplies and arranges for preparation of accounts.
- Discusses customer.
- Decides on range and quality of meals and beverages to be provided.
- Plans catering services and directs staff.