School secretaries provide administrative support in schools by keeping and maintaining school records and performing a range of routine clerical tasks within the school.view courses
About this Career
New workers start around £7,657.89. Normal pay is £17,155 per year. Highly experienced workers can earn up to £32,646.35.
Job counts include both employed and self-employed persons in Cornwall, and do<br /> not distinguish between full and part-time jobs.
- Arranges payment of invoices, handles cash.
- Orders equipment and stationery.
- Undertakes reception duties for visitors, handles face-to-face and telephone enquiries and passes on messages.
- Handles enquiries from parents and arranges meetings with members of staff.
- Maintains administrative records relating to pupils and staff, and generates statistical and other reports.
- Types directly or transcribes letters, reports and other documents, and prints or photocopies documents as required.
- Sorts, files and otherwise deals with incoming and outgoing correspondence.