Sports and Leisure Assistants
Sports and leisure assistants, provide and maintain facilities for sporting and recreational activities and supervise their use, maintain the continuity of entertainment and social events, offer odds and accept bets on the result of sporting and other events and control gambling activities.view courses
About this Career
New workers start around £1,707.35. Normal pay is £11,789 per year. Highly experienced workers can earn up to £24,544.03.
Job counts include both employed and self-employed persons in Cornwall, and do<br /> not distinguish between full and part-time jobs.
- Controls the progress of games of cards, roulette and other gambling activities according to established rules.
- Assesses likely outcome of an event and establishes odds, accepts and records bets, issues receipts and pays out on winning bets.
- Announces acts, makes introductions, proposes toasts and maintains the continuity of entertainment events and social functions.
- Carries clubs for golfers, advises on the layout and distance of golf courses and appropriate choice of golf club.
- Maintains hygienic operation of swimming pools and associated facilities such as jacuzzis, showers and changing areas.
- Supervises the use of swimming pools, gymnasium apparatus, fitness machines and other recreational equipment.
- Maintains sports and leisure equipment and prepares equipment for use.