Tool Makers, Tool Fitters and Markers-out
Tool makers, tool fitters and markers-out mark out metal for machining and fit, assemble and repair machine and press tools, dies, jigs, fixtures and other tools.view courses
About this Career
New workers start around £18,929.93. Normal pay is £31,823 per year. Highly experienced workers can earn up to £48,977.88.
Job counts include both employed and self-employed persons in Cornwall, and do<br /> not distinguish between full and part-time jobs.
- Repairs damaged or worn tools.
- Assembles prepared parts, checks their alignment with micrometers, optical projectors and other measuring equipment and adjusts as necessary.
- Operates hand and machine tools to shape workpieces to specifications and checks accuracy of machining.
- Marks out reference points using measuring instruments and tools such as punches, rules and squares.
- Examines drawings and specifications to determine appropriate method and sequence of operations.