TOP COURSE HIGHLIGHTS
Professional and Knowledgeable Tutors
Supportive Teaching Environment
High success and Employment Rates
High Success and Employment Rates
Graduates of the programme have stated, “that the course is really supportive, the teachers were really good.” Many of our students have continued on to successful careers in Education.
Work in an 'Outstanding' College
We have a wide range of courses and levels for you to practice your teaching, with an Ofsted rated Outstanding learning environment, you will learn to be the best you can be in a fantastic environment.
Gain Working Experience Alongside Study
You will complete a placement alongside your classroom study, enabling you the opportunity to gain real working experience while you learn.
WHAT WILL I LEARN?
During your course, you will gain the relevant skills to cover a wide range of jobs within education; skills and specific knowledge of which is listed below:
- Methods of teaching, planning and delivery remote and face to face
- Writing a scheme of work
- Writing a lesson plan
- Barriers to learning
- Assessment methodology
- Models of reflective practice
- Pedagogical theories
- Classroom and behaviour management
- Curriculum design and sequencing
- Current issues affecting the world of education such as Education for Sustainable Development, and social justice
- Wider professional development
- Roles and responsibilities of teachers, trainers and tutors in this sector
Your specific modules of study will be:
- Learning, Teaching and Assessment
- Curriculum and Society
- Investigating Theories of Teaching and Learning
- Wider Professional and Personal Development
WHERE WILL IT TAKE ME?
After the successful completion of this course, you will have the knowledge and skills you need to enjoy a successful career in Education.
Graduates have continued on to jobs in the sector such as:
- Educational Administrator
- Pastoral Tutor
- Private Tutor
- Further study, some students will use credits from this degree to take a master’s degree in education, and ultimately a PHD.
- Work with the educational landscape.
The methods of assessment and study for this course include:
- Coursework in each module – reports, essays, reflective writing.
- Teaching Portfolio including a reflective journal
- Practical observations
- Formative presentations
- A range of teaching methods using all approaches to education.
- Professional enquiry
- Evidence-based practice
- Teaching Practice (minimum 100 hours) over 2 years for PT and 1 year for FT.
- Breadth of practice hours – to aid holistic development within teaching and learning
- All applicants must have Level 2 or equivalent in Maths and English.
- All applicants are expected to interview for a position on the course
- Good information and communications technology (ICT) skills.
- Level 6 degree in subject specialism for PGCE applicants
- Applicants with overseas qualifications can check their compatibility with the UK equivalent through UK ECCTIS, which provides an advisory service. We welcome applicants with international qualifications. To view other accepted qualifications please refer to our tariff glossary.
- English language requirements
- If English is not your first language then we’ll need evidence of your proficiency in English as follows:
- IELTS 7.0 overall with 7.0 in all four elements, or accepted equivalent English qualification as listed on our English language requirements.
Information & Support
You’ll be required to complete a satisfactory enhanced DBS (formerly CRB) Enhanced Disclosure, register with the Independent Safeguarding Authority and complete a criminal convictions self-declaration form. Find all of the important documentation you’ll need when applying for this programme.
All appropriately qualified candidates will be given equal consideration during the selection process. The University does not tolerate discrimination on the grounds of gender, ethnicity, colour, disability, religion, nationality, age, sexual orientation or any other irrelevant distinction.
Please apply online from college website
Please contact HE Office for further information.
The awarding body for this course is University of Plymouth.
Want to talk to someone?
Do you have a question that we haven't answered so far? Talk to our admissions team. We're here Monday-Friday 8.30am-4.30pm.