Top Course Highlights
Modern Cyber Security Suites
Excellent Subject Specialists
Industry Recognised Certificates
Alongside the FdSc Cyber Security course you will be given the opportunity to train for industry recognised certificates such as CISCO, Sec-Ops, Networking and COMPTIAA+ Network+.
Analytical and Creative Investigations
Investigate through industry-led briefs and data to identify and track emerging cyber trends and issues in order to provide practical mitigation solutions.
Range of Workshops and Work placement
A series of dedicated workshops in bespoke, modern cyber and computing suites, which encourages investigation and development of interests in subject disciplines. The second year will also see you partake in a work placement.
What Will I Learn?
Year 1 Modules:
- Professional Development & Study Skills
- Work Practice Case Study
- Security Programming
- Networking & Systems
- Server Administration & System Compliance
- Behavioural Analytics & Data Security
Year 2 Modules:
- Risk Management and Disaster Recovery Planning
- Digital Forensics
- Work Placement & Current Issues
- Network Security & Design
- Security Technology & Applied Cryptography
- System Development Project
Where Will It Take Me?
The FdSc Cyber Security course is influential in a career in cyber security within the industry. The course has a mix of practical and vocational skills along with linking basic theoretical concepts to practice and is ideal for individuals who are embarking in this exciting field.
- Security Auditor
- Network Manager
- IT Security Manager
- IT Operations
- Organisational IT Security Operative
- Information Security Technician
BSc (Hons) Applied Computing (Top-Up) at Truro & Penwith College
The course is available on a full-time and part-time basis and comprises of lectures, seminars and practical workshops.
Assessments are varied and include employer-led assignment briefs, essays, reports, academic posters and exams.
Year 2 also includes a Group Development Project (designing, developing and production of a tangible artefact) with a dissertation.
Level 2: All applicants must have GCSE (or equivalent will be considered) Maths and English at Grade 4/C or above
Level 3: At least one of the following:
- AS/A Levels
- Advanced Level Diploma
- BTEC National Certificate/Diploma
- VDA: AGNVQ, AVCE, AVS
- Access to HE or Year 0 provision
- International Baccalaureate
- Irish/Scottish Highers/Advanced Highers
- 48 UCAS points from a relevant Level 3 qualification
- Achievement of an Access to HE Diploma
- Work Experience
Considered on an individual basis through an interview process.
Duration: One year full time, two years part time
Location: Truro and Penwith College
Awarding Body: University of Plymouth
UCAS Course Code: 1120
UCAS Institution Code: T85
Want to talk to someone?
Do you have a question that we haven't answered so far? Talk to our admissions team. We're here Monday-Friday 8.30am-4.30pm.